Thermal Cooking Adventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One-pot creamy chicken penne

Go down

One-pot creamy chicken penne Empty One-pot creamy chicken penne

Post by tweena4 Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:40 am

recipe from cheatingwithbellini.wordpress.com  https://servimg.com/view/18833098/2

I really, really love a one-pot (or in this case, one-jug) meal. I’ve made pasta sauces in the Bellini before, but this is the first time I’ve tried cooking pasta in the sauce. I was a bit dubious about this technique but it’s seriously delicious. I used penne as I thought it would be more robust than some of the other types of pasta, and I also switched to the stirring (blunt) blade after chopping the garlic. The pasta stayed intact so it’s definitely not a mushy dish.

One-pot creamy chicken penne

150g cooked shredded chicken (left over roast or BBQ chicken will do nicely. This will shred further in the machine, so don’t make the pieces too small).
   Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
   2 cloves of garlic
   300g penne pasta
   150ml single cream
   500ml chicken stock (hot) +300ml hot water (n.b. I use 800ml of hot tap water and one Massell chicken stock cube)
   50g grated parmesan
   freshly ground black pepper

Chopped fresh parsley

Blade/s: Chopping blade to start, then switch to stirring blade

Make sure chopping blade in the machine. Chop garlic into quarters and put in the measuring cup.

Start machine Sp8 for 8 sec. While blades are spinning, tip contents of measuring cup into the machine. (nb I find this is the most effective way to finely chop very small amounts of garlic). Scrape down the sides of the jug.
Swap the chopping blade to the stirring (blunt) blade. Add splash of EVOO. Cook on Sp1, ST (110 deg) for 2 min.
Add the remaining ingredients (except chicken). put lid back on (with measuring cup in place). Cook on Sp1, 90 deg for 16 min.
5. Add shredded chicken and cook on Sp1, 90 deg for 2 min. Stir the parsley through the sauce.

Last edited by tweena4 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total

tweena4

Back to top Go down

One-pot creamy chicken penne Empty Re: One-pot creamy chicken penne

Post by tweena4 Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:07 am

One-pot creamy chicken penne 2

tweena4

Back to top Go down