Thermal Cooking Adventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who uses a co-op and what are your thoughts?

+2
Admin
shea.egan
6 posters

Go down

Who uses a co-op and what are your thoughts? Empty Who uses a co-op and what are your thoughts?

Post by shea.egan Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:02 am

I have been using "Real Food Revolution" in WA Wanneroo area for 2-3 months. I am quite impressed with the fruit and veg but the meat I am in 2 minds about. I am thinking of using the $150-200 I spend buying their meat packs and just going to a butcher. I love the variety I get from the packs, but the cuts don't seem to impress us.
Would love to hear other peoples experiences and if anyone in WA Yanchep wanneroo Joondalup area could recommend a good butcher I would appreciate it :-)

Smile Smile Smile 
shea.egan
shea.egan

Back to top Go down

Who uses a co-op and what are your thoughts? Empty Re: Who uses a co-op and what are your thoughts?

Post by Admin Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:12 am

I am in NSW, but we buy a lot of food from an organic food co-op, with most of our meat coming from an organic butcher. The butcher has a 'cow pool', so we get organic, grass fed beef at a really low price. Last month, we picked up 13kg for only $8 per kg, because they had over ordered!!!

Admin
Admin

https://thermadv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Who uses a co-op and what are your thoughts? Empty Re: Who uses a co-op and what are your thoughts?

Post by AnnaBella1 Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:44 am

WOW that was a lucky mistake for them to make Smile
Unfortunately we in Grafton dont have a food co-op yet, at least I haven't heard of any in the area but I am living in hope of it happening soon.
Have a good day, I hear thunder in the background so seems it will storm again later.

AnnaBella1

Back to top Go down

Post by TanyaHalse Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:17 am

I was wanting to find a co-op so I could buy meat and free range eggs in bulk and save money. I've looked into a few but am thinking I may just be better off going straight to a butcher. I dont know much about food co-ops....

TanyaHalse

Back to top Go down

Post by shea.egan Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:17 am

I'm thinking the butcher will be better for us just because the meat is not meat we eat. Like ribs skewers and pork. I would also be nice to be able to select the meat we get.
shea.egan
shea.egan

Back to top Go down

Post by annetteg Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:15 am

does anyone know of a coop in south east Melbourne victoria

annetteg

Back to top Go down

Post by annetteg Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:16 am

does anyone know of a coop in south east Melbourne victoria

annetteg

Back to top Go down

Post by annetteg Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:20 am

I use 'farmhouse direct' which delivers meat directly from the farm you may have a similar company doing this in qld its much nicer than supermarket meat it doesn't fill the cooking utensils full of water and the flavor yum Annette

annetteg

Back to top Go down

Post by amyireland Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:46 am

Would love to hear any feedback on co-ops in Melbournes east too.

amyireland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum