Thermal Cooking Adventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips / Tricks / Hints from fb page

Go down

Tips / Tricks / Hints from fb page Empty Tips / Tricks / Hints from fb page

Post by amyireland Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:17 am

BUMP - means bring up my post on fb page- brings up a post that had been pushed down the wall back to the top.

LINK - a link is a copy of a URL for a webpage - for example the url for facebook is www.facebook.com

When you start your Bellini you can not put it on a temperature without putting a time and speed as well.

When you have your Bellni on speeds 1 - 3 it start and stop - interval speeds.

Your Bellini with beep when it reaches the temperature you set, it sometimes takes a while to reach the set temperature.

* added to the wall by Stephanie King - An easy way to clean your blades n bowl!.....half fill with warm water and pulse a few times, much easier to clean! Smile

* If you want to add a tiny bit of dishwashing detergent be very careful not to squirt too much - it's like putting bubble bath in a spa!!!

* The spatula that comes with the BIKM does melt quite easily so its best to use a wooden spoon or a normal spatula when getting warm things out.

* When grating cheese use speed 9/10 rather than the pulse button as it seems to be hard on the motor - same goes for ice cream. The pulse button is fine for liquids, etc.

* Kym Maloney - Before Christmas I bought an absorbent dish drying mat at The Reject Shop. It is a godsend for putting all the machine bits and pieces on to drain/dry, especially the jug and blades.

* If you need to reduce liquid in food (eg tomato sauce) use the simmering basket as a cover over the jug/bowl lid instead of the measuring cup (this tip is in the TM31 instruction manual) Kym Maloney

* Not sure who posted it so feel free to give yourself the credit. When cooking rice put the steamer part on top (rather than the measuring cup lid) to avoid it boiling over. It's great to put some veggies in there to have with the rice too.

* When I make my smoothies or sorbet i have been lining the lid (and let it hang over the sides) with baking paper that way it doesn't all get stuck in the grooves of the lid. It's safes on wastage as it's easy to scrap off the bake paper.

* Not sure who posted it so feel free to give yourself the credit. When cooking rice put the steamer part on top (rather than the measuring cup lid) to avoid it boiling over. It's great to put some veggies in there to have with the rice too.

* Julie Frost - Saw a tip on another site - use the top of the steamer as a plate warmer - tried it tonight whilst steaming vegies & the plates were nice & warm but not too hot - not sure how many plates it would be effective for though Smile Julie Frost.

* Emma Wisby- when making jam. If you add the whole lemon (including pips) that will help it set!

* Double check both sides of your lid are clicked in properly as my Bella Bellini can lock in and work with the other side not locked in, ;( I learned this the hard way whilst making Almond milk, spray painted my kitchen and myself, worst part was I had to sterilize my entire kitchen as a friend was visiting with her anaphylactic child the next day.

* Bree Dent - Just a little tip I discovered the other day. We had left over roast meat which I needed to heat for dinner and I was also going to make a gravy from powder and I though, why not do it at the same time in the Bellini. So I just put it all in the machine, large slices of lamb, the powder and the measured water (not even boiled) put it on for 10 min, 100 degrees and speed 2 and it was perfect.

* Leisa Dobbin - When i make my smoothies or sorbet i have been lining the lid (and let it hang over the sides) with baking paper that way it doesn't all get stuck in the grooves of the lid. It's safes on wastage as it's easy to scrap off the bake paper. I wouldn't try this with heating though as the air needs to get out somehow.

Have fun.

amyireland

Back to top Go down

Tips / Tricks / Hints from fb page Empty and some more tips...

Post by amyireland Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:30 am

*Getting Started With Your Bellini Intelli Kitchen Master
The following are basic starter instructions designed to get you started by: Bellini Intelli Kitchen Master
https://www.facebook.com/notes/bellini-intelli-kitchen-master/getting-started-with-your-bellini-intelli-kitchen-master/460866633947741

* Hints For Frying Off Mince By Jelena
https://www.facebook.com/notes/bellini-intelli-kitchen-master/hints-for-frying-off-mince-by-jelena/475297965837941

*Kym Matek - Double check both sides of your lid are clicked in properly as my Bella Bellini can lock in and work with the other side not locked in, ;( I learned this the hard way whilst making Almond milk, spray painted my kitchen and myself, worst part was I had to sterilize my entire kitchen as a friend was visiting with her anaphylactic child the next day.

*Bernadette Vella - Does anyone have any tips on how to change from the sharp blade to the mixing (blunt) blade?? for example if you make risotto using the sharp blade to chop ingredients and then want to mix it using the blunt blade?
*****Vicky Scott - I just dont change the blade Bernadette Vella. I make risotto at least once a week and it has never turned out like mush. I think if you keep the speed on 1 you should be right

*Clare Kennington - To search for a post on the Bellini Addicts fb page, go to the top right of this page and click on the magnifying glass. Type in the key word and postings will come up. Not what you want? Try another key word. (Thanks Sue - Thermostruck!) ... you learn something new everyday !! lol !

*http://simonesthermomixessentials.files.wordpress.com/... - found and shared by Belinda Shannon

*Justine Pye - making icing sugar - In a tmx it's 10-15 seconds on speed 9. A good tip is to lay a tissue between the lid and the MC so the sugar doesn't waft out. I do this whenever I'm grinding spices, rice, grains etc.

* Pam Todd - We got our Bellini yesterday and so far we're very impressed. This morning I made banana smoothies, the recipe called for a frozen banana which was fine because I had one in the freezer, my issue was peeling it  so now I'm peeling banana's before freezing them

* Amanda Brown - A toothbrush for dentures is apparently good to clean the blades.

* Jelena Dakic Guys, for those who have IKEA nearby they have the BEST brushes for cleaning the blades as very long handles and a great curved brush/bristle area which gets under the blades easily and bristles up to the blades really well.
Cheap as can be - just 99 cents for 2

* Sharon Mundy when adding lemon juice, pop the MC on, and squeeze the lemon juice over the top, it will stop the pips going into the jug and dribble thru the little gaps, also the same when adding oil to a recipe. Learnt this at a TM demo.

* Emma Goldsmith I use a bottle brush to clean the blades, works really well.

* Trudy Connellan I have learnt what MC is now, measuring cup (that took me a bit) and I forgot you can self clean /pre clean in the jug by add water and a tiny queeze of detergent ...thanks

* Helene Lionakis- when crushing stuff like nuts, bikkies, chokky chips, etc, so they don't go all over the place, stick the steamer basket (the one you cook rice in not the TM equivalent of the Varooma) after you've added whatever and then pulse. It also gives you a more uniform chop.

* Vicky Scott This is a what not to do.........Don't try to cook a dish with a Woolies chicken instead of fresh. It just turns to mush. If you are going to use it maybe add it closer to the end of the recipe!!!!!!

*Emergency Ingredient Substitutions for Baking
www.yummly.com
Emergency Ingredient Substitutions for Baking

* Amy Ireland I cant remember where I read it but put an apple in with your potatos and they dont sprout - it actually works!!!!!!!!! yay

* Jasmine Andrews
If you need a conversion chart for almost anything cooking related (and don't have a Women's Weekly cookbook handy - they have great charts) then give this page a go. http://www.taste.com.au/how+to/articles/369/weights+measurement+charts

Weights & Measurement Charts - Cooking Tips
www.taste.com.au
Weights & measurement charts - Cooking tips - Precise measurements can be vital

* Julie Smith Tip for new machines is to boil water first to make sure everything is heating.be careful with fingers as blades are sharp and don't leave spoons in bowl as they definitely will not chop up, only ruin your blades

*Robyn Wellfare A t/spoon of dishwasher powder (el cheapo brand works) in the jug with 1 litre water speed 1-2 @ 100° for 6 mins = sparkly clean jug if you can't put your jug in the dishwasher (ThermoChef) or don't have a dishwasher - hope this helps, you can thank me later

* Kerri Powell I only ever cook chicken thigh or beast pieces for 5-7 minutes - and it is perfectly cooked, moist and not dried out or mush  
It means I can have chicken curries ready in ten minutes flat!

*Ta Lia I discovered that the stirring blade can chop onion so I don't need to change blades when I'm making risotto, I simply start with the stirring blade
* Grace O'Malley Do I use the same thermomix speed in the bellini if I'm following a thermomix recipe?
**Lauren Clare I do Grace O'Malley the only difference is sometimes for me I have to cook longer in bella

* When steaming (veggies etc) I put a tea towel over the lid of the steamer and it steams to steam things a lot quicker

amyireland

Back to top Go down