Thermal Cooking Adventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Asian-Style Sweet & Spicy Steamed Chicken

5 posters

Go down

Asian-Style Sweet & Spicy Steamed Chicken Empty Asian-Style Sweet & Spicy Steamed Chicken

Post by gemjams Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:20 pm

This was a Woman's Day recipe from years ago that I changed a bit then converted for dinner tonight Smile

Asian-Style Sweet & Spicy Steamed Chicken Imag1912

Ingredients:

2 chicken breasts
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp honey
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp wholegrain mustard
2 tsp chopped fresh coriander
1 tsp chopped fresh chives
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1 tsp fish sauce
2 tsp brown sugar

Place each chicken breast on a piece of foil. Scrunch the foil around the chicken a bit to form a bowl. Mix together all the other ingredients and pour the sauce over the chicken breasts. Scrunch the foil closed (not too tightly) and place in the bottom of the Varoma.

Half fill the bowl with boiling water. Fit the lid/steamer and cook for 30 minutes/Varoma temp/Speed 3.

After 15 minutes I added the top Varoma tray which I'd filled with frozen stir fry veg..

I already had some steamed rice leftover so I just had to reheat that, but there's no reason you couldn't add rice when you add the veggies after 15 minutes.

Place the chicken on the rice and veg, pouring the sauce over to serve.

Yum!
gemjams
gemjams

Back to top Go down

Asian-Style Sweet & Spicy Steamed Chicken Empty Re: Asian-Style Sweet & Spicy Steamed Chicken

Post by goldcoastgirl Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:19 am

YUM !
Thanks Smile
goldcoastgirl
goldcoastgirl

Back to top Go down

Asian-Style Sweet & Spicy Steamed Chicken Empty Re: Asian-Style Sweet & Spicy Steamed Chicken

Post by Chris.Sherrin Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:17 am

Beautiful flavours in there Gem, will be trying that! PS I love forum formats but just WISH there was a LIKE button like FB Very Happy 
Chris.Sherrin
Chris.Sherrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:18 am

Thanks for posting the recipe, it looks delish!

Chris I am going to get us a 'thanks' button! Smile

Admin
Admin

https://thermadv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:29 am

LOL Chris, I was just about to "like" your post, I am so used to liking things now!
Steph
Steph

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down